7 Gun Rules That Everyone Should Follow
With over an estimated 300 million firearms in the United States alone, gun safety is something that should be taught to everyone; regardless if they own a gun or not. Here are seven rules that can’t help keep you safe while handling a firearm.
- Always Assume a Gun Is Loaded – We all know the funny joke about making assumptions, but when it comes to dealing with guns, you must ALWAYS assume a gun is loaded. Hundreds of people die in the US every year due to accidental firearm deaths, many of which come from not knowing a gun was loaded.
- Finger off the Trigger – It is very important that from the moment you hold your very first gun that you never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire the weapon. Putting your finger on trigger early can lead to an accidental discharge of the weapon.
- Keep the Gun Pointed in a Safe Direction – There is no excuse for not handling a firearm in a serious and responsible manner. Remember always to keep your firearm in a safe direction when handling the weapon.
- Keep the Gun Unloaded and Stored – There is no reason to have a gun loaded until you are ready to fire the weapon in a safe environment. You should also have your weapon stored in a gun safe, which you can purchase at Mike’s Lock Shop.
- Never Point the Gun – Never point the gun at anything or anyone. It is important never to point the gun at anyone, but you should also never point the gun at anything unless you plan to shoot it. Of course, it is okay to point the gun at the walls in your own home while cleaning the weapon to maintain the gun is in good working condition and that the sights are lined up and accurate.
- Use Proper Ammo – It is important to always use the right ammunition for your weapon. There are dozens of different types of ammo, and using the wrong one can cause serious damage to your weapon, and even worse, you. It is on you to find out which ammunition goes best with your firearm.
- Don’t Rely on the Gun’s Safety – Just because the gun’s safety is on doesn’t mean you can run around with a live firearm and play army man. A gun is not a toy and should never be treated as such. Just because the gun’s safety is on doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want. You are the one who pulls the trigger, no one else.
Gun safety is something we take very seriously here at Mike’s Lock Shop. Aside from being the leading provider of car key programming in Montgomery County and the surrounding area, we also take home safety and gun safety very seriously. We offer a variety of different gun safes for you to store your weapon safely.
For more information on the full list of services we offer or for more information on electronic car key copying services in Yardley, PA, contact our experts today!